Parkside is a fee-based after-school tutoring/enrichment program that is available for students in grades K-6th, enrolled at a Proviso Township school. Sessions are offered in-person and online.
Click image below to fill-out the interest form!
Each semester offers core subject small group enrichment classes and/or other special interests.
Enrollment is limited and is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Fees for instruction and materials vary according to the subject matter and number of participants in a class.
10 N Elm St. Hillside, IL 60162
- MONDAY – FRIDAY: 3:00 PM- 6:00 PM *(10:00AM- 8:00PM Appointment only)
- SATURDAY: Closed
- SUNDAY: Closed
Two Semesters Fall (August-December) Spring (January- June)
Small Group E-Learning Classes
*Remote students can take up to 2 classes max per monthly session.
Duration: 30 minutes
L1: K-2nd Grade- 4:30pm-5:00pm
L2: 3rd-4th Grade- 5:00pm-5:30pm
L3: 5-6th Grade- 5:30pm-6:00pm
Math– Ms. Tracy Sykes- Currently a full-time a math instructional coach for School District 89. Has been an educator for over 25 years.
Reading/ELA– Mrs. Jenaya Minter- Currently a full-time 5th grade teacher for School District 87. Enjoys all things reading and ELA.
Reading/ESL/Coach– Pastor Keisha Wicks (co-founder & program director)- Former ESL teacher for VIPKID & K-12 tutor. Co-Pastor, counselor & children’s ministry lead, homeschool teacher.
Personal Development Coach– Pastor Byron Wicks (co-founder), Senior pastor of NextGen Church, life coach for LITE Leaders INC., gifted teacher, counselor, experienced athletic coach.
*All pricing is subject to change. Contact directly if you have child-care assistance benefits or need financial assistance.
1. Small Group e- Learning or In-house
*Max 4-5 students per level, per small group e-learning class
➡️ $50/Month per subject 4 consecutive weeks
➡️$10/Day Online or In-person Homework Help & Subject Focus (non full-time enrolled participant rate)
Duration: 30 min sessions
Parkside 8 Step Learning Task Model:
1. Learning Objective – What the learner will be able to do upon mastery of this activity.
2. Anticipatory Set – Puts the student into a receptive frame of mind. Include what the learner already knows; review of other work that may relate to this new activity.
3. Input – Instructor presents new information using specific materials related to objective and focusing on the necessary basic skills.
4. Modeling – Instructor shows the skill needed so that the student can then do it themselves. The student asks question and tries the skill.
5. Check for Understanding – Instructor checks that each step has been understood.
6. Guided practice – Instructor provides opportunity to practice what has been presented. Effectiveness of the learning activity is evaluated and adjusted.
7. Closure – Instructor brings session to an appropriate conclusion with review and ensuring that the student has the main ideas.
8. Independent practice – Instructor provides an activity to reinforce proficiency related to the stated objective.
Reading is fundamental to a child’s educational foundation. We help children learn to love reading!